Saturday 1 June 2019

Some fine weather

Not a lot to report this week.  I spent three days working on my assignment plan (an AVI requirement) and on a major project funding application.  I heard that my work permit has been signed but I don't have it in my hands yet.  No word on Jenny's - she is going through a different process to the rest of us.  Next is the residence visas that allow us to stay for two years.  These are a few weeks away yet apparently and as that is sure to be an optimistic timeframe I expect we will have to leave the country for a while in early July - we are thinking of spending a week in Uganda.

Mount Meru seen from near Arusha airport
The rain stopped on Wednesday and we have had welcome short bursts of sun since.  Although more rain will be needed for crops soon the sunshine is making everyone feel better about life.  Today we had a great view of Mount Meru as we came home from the supermarket.  The photo above was taken at 1440 m above sea level.  Mount Meru reaches 4566 m a.s.l. so it is over 3 km above us and 17 km to our north-east.  Jenny says she has seen snow on it.

My sourdough starter is a roaring success and I baked four lovely bâtards today.

There were four.  We ate one!

This coming week has a public holiday for Eid - the end of the month of Ramadan for our Muslim neighbours.  We don't know yet if it will be Wednesday or Thursday (or possibly Friday) but whichever day it is we will be heading to Arusha NP for a safari.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the mountain. Truelly majestic. And the bread looks great, well done. R x

    ReplyDelete